Thursday, October 11, 2012

Wednesday, the 3rd of October


Wednesday I decided to spend the day at the Ashness apartment in Harrogate.  I figured this was my last opportunity to get some internet time for awhile.  It was a good choice since first thing in the morning we received the email stating that our excess baggage shipment was ready to be delivered.  They have this weird rule that you must answer their email within 3 hours in order to receive the shipment promptly.  That seems like an odd system to me, but this time it worked for us.  I set up delivery for Monday the 8th.   

The rest of the day I spent going through paperwork and organizing while watching British TV.  Now there’s an adjustment.  =)  I had planned on walking around and exploring Harrogate, but it was rainy and cold.  I opted for staying in. 

When Greg came home that evening we decided to spend our last night in Harrogate dining at the world famous Betty’s Tea House.  It was very elegant.  The menu looked wonderful but since this was our first visit we decided we should check out their Afternoon Tea.  It came as a three tiered plate with finger sandwiches, scones and sweets.  It was all very good, though we both agreed that The Old Granary in Pateley Bridge does have better scones.  I’m thinking it might not be good for my waistline to be judging the best scones in Yorkshire. 

No comments: