Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wednesday, the 17th of October

The internet is up and running!  It is such a strange thing how isolating it felt not to have that access.  It's not been long ago that having internet access wouldn't have occurred to me.  Now it's such a big part of life.  It's been wavering on and off all day, but I think it's about settled for staying on.

The morning started off rainy again.  As soon as it cleared the pups and I went out for a short walk.  I was hoping to find the trail through The West Wood.  The ordnance survey shows a trail through the edge of the wood up to the road Greg and I were walking on Saturday.  I think these woods were the inspiration for the story of Red Riding Hood.  Dark, thick, old and just a little bit creepy.  We stayed on the edge searching for the path through to the field.  It was not clear where it was... nothing new.  I felt a little uncomfortable doing this alone.  I think maybe we'll save that trail to do with Greg this weekend.  Meanwhile the pups and I can always walk into the village.

Tomorrow Greg and I are taking our driver's tests.  In order to get a license we have to take the Theory test.  It's a multiple choice 50 question test.  We've been using a practice DVD to take mock tests.  So far I've passed every one I've taken except for the very first.  I think I'll do okay, but it's good to know that we can retake it as many times as we need.  Hopefully by the time I post tomorrow I'll have a driver's license in hand.


2 comments:

Ant said...

Sounds like the international driver's license test I had to take in Germany. Except 100 questions!

Glad you're reconnected :)

Tammy Sizemore said...

50 was more than enough for me! It really wasn't that hard, just a tense test environment.