Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Tuesday, the 16th of October


Greg had arranged for me to attend a newcomers briefing on the base.  It’s the first time I’ve gotten up early since moving into the house.  I realized why I’ve been sleeping so late, the sun isn’t up here until 7:30am!  I’ve just been waking up with the sun and it doesn’t wake up early. 

It was raining lightly when we walked out this morning.  That seems to be a running theme, some rain every day, but we also seem to have some sun every day as well.  I’m thinking it’s going to be important to make a priority of getting outside in the sun some each day. 

The meeting was held at the club and run by a lady, Vickie, with a British accent that I could understand.  Thankfully.   She had a string of speakers throughout the morning that answered a lot of my questions.  …and a lot of questions I really didn’t have.  Biggest news of the day, there is a Costco in Leeds and my US membership works there!  Unfortunately I left my card in Colorado.  (So… Lydia, stick that in the envelope you are mailing.)  I also found out when the PWOC Bible study meets and when the yoga class meets. 

Greg picked me up at noon.  Several speakers had made comments about the weather as they spoke.  It sounded like the rain was torrential.  As we stepped outside the sun was shining and beautiful.  There was a gale force wind however.   Vickie did say the weather was always changing. 

After a stop at the commissary we headed back home.  We were supposed to have internet up and running yesterday but it didn’t work.  They said they would work on it today.  We hoped we would come home to it working, but no such luck.  Hopefully tomorrow.  

No comments: