Thursday, October 11, 2012

Saturday, the 29th of September


We managed to sleep in a bit on Saturday morning, trying to adjust to the time change.   First thing we got out and took the pups for a walk around The Stray, which is the open park area in the center of Harrogate.  It was a beautiful morning, though I learned pretty quick the morning sun would disappear.  After a nice walk we packed the dogs up in our new car (used, left hand stick) and drove out to the village of Pateley Bridge where Greg had already secured a house for us to rent.  We took a look at the house, though we couldn’t actually get inside yet.  It is a fascinating house, but more details on that later.  Afterward we stopped at The Old Granary for ‘the best scones in Yorkshire.’  They were truly yummy!   We took a different route back and stopped by the base where Greg will work and checked out the commissary, exchange and the post office. 

That evening we walked around the corner from the Ashness and I had my first try at Fish ‘n Chips at Oliver’s.  As good as they were I’m not sure how much deep fried fish I can eat.  I guess I’ll have to work it out since it’s a local tradition.  =)  

No comments: