Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Friday, the 12th of October


Today we learned a little more about our new home. 

In the first couple of days in the house I had taken the time to read through the inventory of the house.  It was incredibly detailed.  One thing it noted was a small cabinet located in the central hallway at the top of the wall near the ceiling.  The inventory commented on the cabinet but said it was too high for them to check.

This afternoon we made a trip into Harrogate in hopes of finding some of the things on my shopping list that I hadn’t been able to find on base.  One of those things was a ladder.  There is so much I need to do around the house that I won’t be able to reach without a ladder so we went off to find B&Q, the local Home Depot.  We discussed getting a small step ladder but decided it wasn’t tall enough to change the light bulbs.  The tall one would be good, but maybe too tall.  We settled for the in between sized ladder.

Back at home this evening we sat down to do some work on the computer.  Greg had brought home a DVD of the practice driving test and I was downloading it when the electric outlets switched off along with the heater.  We began searching the house for the electric box.  We searched and searched everywhere obvious.  Greg finally asked if I had seen a cabinet anywhere hidden away.  Oh, there is the one at the top of the hallway…  but we’d need a ladder to get to it.  =) 

If I hadn’t gone through the inventory I would have never seen that cabinet.  If the power had gone off yesterday we wouldn’t have been able to reach the cabinet.  But instead, everything fell into place and the electric and heat are back on.  It’s so amazing to see God working head of us before we even know the need.  

No comments: