Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thursday, the 18th of October


I was wrong.  We took the driver’s test but they won’t tell us the results until tomorrow.  As always, nothing moves fast here.  We can call after 8:30 to find out if we passed.  I’m certain I passed.  There were only a couple of questions I was unsure of, one I got right and the other I missed.  I’d be surprised if I missed many more than that and they allow seven missed questions.

Before the written test we were required to take a ride with a driving guide.  I’m not really sure what to call her.  We got into a van with a police officer and drove from the base into Harrogate.  Along the way she explained the road markings and signs.  There are a lot of road markings.  They paint all over the place!  Some of the things she pointed out helped to clarify some things for me, but most of it I had already figured out. 

I went to base with Greg first thing this morning.  He had to get some work done before the test.  There wasn’t much to do.  I ended up sitting at Burger King and studying the driver’s code.  I hate to admit how many times I’ve eaten American fast food since being here just because there’s no other choice or nothing else to do.  I had just enough time to make a quick commissary stop before driving over to pick Greg up from work.  I bought a pumpkin.  It’s my one little attempt at decorating for the season.

The internet connection finally came up strong yesterday and stayed strong until around 8pm when streaming started to slow down.  And it was doing great today until around 4pm and it’s been on and off ever since.  I was Skyping with my parents earlier and saying how impressed I was with the good internet.  I may have spoken too soon.  They did tell me that for the first two weeks they would be testing the line.  Hopefully that’s all that’s happening and it will start working again soon.

I’m looking forward to taking another long walk tomorrow.  I feel like I haven’t had any exercise in days.  I think I’m going to let Greg take me out for dinner tonight.  The Sportman’s Arm’s salmon is sounding really good right now. 

2 comments:

Ant said...

I read the beginning of the 3rd paragraph as "I went to first base with Greg ..." :)

The salmon sounds good to me, too!

Tammy Sizemore said...

:) ...maybe I should capitalize Base next time?