Thursday, October 25, 2012

Thursday, the 25th of October

I feel like I had a very productive day today.  I got up early with Greg and rode with him to the Base.  I dropped him off at work so that I could go to the Bible Study held at the chapel.  I had heard about the study first at the newcomer's brief, then again from a new friend Saturday night.  They were doing a Precept study of Ephesians, a study I have done before so I hoped I could jump right in.

I had an hour to blow after dropping Greg off, which is tough to do when nothing is open yet.  I arrived early at the chapel, but it gave me a chance to meet the lady leading the study and a few others.  I sat next to a young lady who I was told also lives in Pateley Bridge.  As we talked I found out she had moved here from Annapolis during the summer and had attended Bay Area Community Church while there.  I love making connections like that!  I have several friends at BACC.  I'm looking forward to getting to know her better.

After the study I made a quick trip to the commissary.  I had just a hour to get several errands done before picking Greg up from work.  We were hoping that he would have time to drive me home and have some lunch but when I picked him up he didn't have time in his schedule after all.  Instead, I was left to my own efforts to get home.  This was a first...  to drive all the way home and back on my own.  Thankfully the fog of the past few days had lifted and I could actually see and thankfully there was little traffic.  I drove home, unloaded the groceries, loaded the pups in the car and drove back to the Base.  No problem.  I have to say I feel much more comfortable after today.  Of course, I still have those traffic circles to brave.

This evening we spent some time moving all the temporary furniture into one room.  We need to clear out space for the movers arriving tomorrow.  I am SO ready to make this house into our home.

No comments: