Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What I learned this year

I decided to start making a list of things I've learned this year.  Here's what I've got so far...

Things I Learned This Year


How to do a Tim Tam slam, thanks to Two Guys Around the World and Target for selling Tim Tams.


I want to grow old like my Grandmother,
but I already knew that, it was just reinforced with her 90th birthday.


How to love a frightened rescue dog through his fears.


How to tweet...even from my phone!


That it's okay for people to cry at my funeral. 
Grieving is necessary for the living and it's not about me - I won't be there!


How to snowboard!


Paramount Theater is a beautiful, if not comfortable place to watch the Banff Film Festival.


How to get to the top of South Table Mountain to the old dance hall.

How to make it to the top of a 14er.


That Colorado has incredibly beautiful wildflowers and how to identify some of them.


Being a Trail Angel is as much fun as receiving Trail Magic.


It's tough when your parents get older, but admittedly it would be tougher if they didn't.


I can be right at the wrong time.


Waiting on God, a recurring lesson that I think I might be getting better at with age.

It's fun to watch my children grow and step out on their own.



The San Juan Mountains might be my favorite... at least this year.

No comments: