Thursday, December 3, 2009

I blame it on the altitude

My cookies were a bust.  I never fail at cookies!  I could almost say I'm a cookie expert.  Being an only girl with three brothers raised in the south, of course I know how to cook and bake and I'm good at it.  ...if I do say so myself.  I have three favorite Christmas cookies and I picked one to start with today.  I mixed up the dough for Spritz cookies, got out all the decorations and the cookie press.  For some reason the texture of the dough was all wrong, it wouldn't go through the press right.  So I tried adding a little milk for moisture and of course that ruined it completely.  Then I tried to use the dough to make candy cane cookies and that didn't work either. I'm not sure how the altitude could effect cookie dough, but that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.  I'm not giving up, I'll try it again next week sometime.

I came home from a meeting tonight to find a group of Caleb's friends in the garage rock climbing.  It's 2 degrees out there!  But, it is very nice that Caleb is bringing home friends.  Hope they know they can come in out of the cold.

And we're still keeping up the the Jesse Tree.  Three days in and still going strong!

No comments: