Friday, December 11, 2009

Party Day!

I should have written earlier in the day because now I'm just tired, but I made the committment and I'm sticking to it.  ....oh, wait, I had no time earlier in the day, so I'll do what I can.

It was a great day.  Got up early and put together a few final touches getting ready for the party this evening.  Then I headed across town to meet Greg for his work party.  Last year the party was held at a nice restaurant but the set up was terrible for a party, cramped together, but still mixed in with other lunch guests.  This time we met at Joe's Crab Shack and had most of the place to ourselves.  There were over a hundred people there, so we pretty much packed it out.

I spent the meal visiting with a work associate of Greg's who is visiting from Brittan.  Very nice lady and it's always fun to chat with someone speaking with a British accent, makes me miss my friend Stella.  =0)  They had the usual white elephant exchange and I came away with the Cadbury chocolates... thanks to the Brits. 

After the party we rushed home to put the final touches on our Life Group party.  We've had the Life Group going for almost a year now.  For the first nine months it was just us and a couple other people.  We had fun together but really hoped it would grow.  In the last couple of months we've finally began to add numbers and most importantly we are gradually building relationships.  We're finally beginning to talk of ideas of getting together outside of our scheduled Life Group times.  It's very exciting, I see a potential for some great things coming.  Tonight we had a Christmas Party, tons of food, exchanged Christmas ornaments, sang some carols and shared our favorite Christmas traditions.  Building relationships... this is good. 

It's late.  In the morning I'll reread this and it probably won't make sense and I'll have to edit the whole thing, but for now I'm done and heading to bed. 

No comments: