Saturday, December 19, 2009

Parades and Parties

This morning we went to the Christmas parade in downtown Golden.  I love this parade.  They do it three Saturdays in a row in December, which means you have a chance to pick which weekend to go, but every time I've gone the town has been full... but not too full.  It's just a nice old fashion small town parade.  I will say though, if I had small kids I would have a hard time explaining why there was more than one Santa in the parade.  I'm not sure what that was about, you would think only one Santa per parade would be allowed.  Nonetheless it was a lovely parade.

We took the dogs along with us.  It's the Colorado thing to do.  Also, it's good for MacGyver.  He would just as soon stay holed up in the house and not be around people.  So every now and then we like to take him out in crowds to let him see it's okay.  He did great.  After the parade we crabbed sandwiches at D'Deli and ate on a picnic table on the bridge over Clear Creek.  Right now it's completely frozen over and very cool looking.

This evening Greg and I headed out to one last Christmas party.  I didn't know a single person there, but still had some great conversations.  I wonder why this is... in groups like this evening I can walk in not knowing anyone and have conversations with several people and walk out feeling like I've made some friends.  But...  I have this one particular group of people that I get together with once a month, every month for a year now and each month I walk away feeling like I haven't connected with anyone.  Why is that?  If I could nail down what the difference is... I would do something to change it.  ...I have no conclusions yet, just a thought.

No comments: