Friday, December 18, 2009

snowboarding

Today we continued a tradition that Greg would love to be a big part of our holiday activities... a day on the slopes.  Greg and both kids are amazing snowboarders.  They've been at it for years.  I began learning last season.  I'm not exactly a natural, but I'm getting a little better all the time.  Today was the second time we've been on the slopes this season and I'm thrilled that I can remember the basics...  standing up, not falling and I can even still remember how to connect my turns.  Hopefully before the season is over I'll feel comfortable calling myself a snowboarder, but not yet.

This evening our friend Rich came over to spend some time playing guitar.  It's been awhile since Greg and the kids jammed together and I really miss it.  Tonight Greg, Caleb and Rich played guitar while Lydia broke out her fiddle and Uke.  It was nice.  And frankly, after a day of snowboarding, it just about lulled me to sleep.  I'm beat.

No comments: