Tuesday, February 21, 2012

God gifts


Soft and cozy fibers, both spun and unspun...






my fireplace... even if it is gas, maybe especially because it's gas!







First, I love the texture, color and feel of this tea kettle as I pour tea from it.
Second, it makes an excellent cup of tea.
Third and maybe most important, 
it was a gift from a special friend and I think of her every time I use it.



I'm just getting started on a gratitude list.

I recently read One Thousand Gifts by Ann Vosdamp.
When writing about her journey to a life of gratitude she writes...
"But in this counting gifts, to one thousand, more, I discovered that slapping a sloppy brush of thanksgiving over everything in my life leaves me deeply thankful for very few things in my life."

I know so far I am only scratching the surface.
I look forward to seeing what is on my list days, weeks and months from now.





No comments: