Thursday, March 14, 2013

Winter Begins to Turn to Spring

I really had good intentions of checking back in at least once a month.  

Then I let February slip by me and here it is half way through March already.  

Here's another quick pictorial catch up on life in our world.




We had some beautiful snows in January and February.







None of them lasted too long.  
Just long enough for a day or two of hibernating.





And it didn't really keep us from getting out to walk the footpaths.







And of course the pups LOVE the snow.







But as much as he loves the snow and his big back yard, 
MacGyver also likes to keep a close eye on me.








Over President's Day weekend we made a trip to the Lake District. 
It was a great day away and a beautiful spot.








And we began to get a little hint of spring with the blooming of snowdrops.









I started feeding our neighborhood song birds.









And spying on the others...  







in the reservoir...  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





on the river bank...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~






and in the farm yards.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~







As the weather warmed a bit I took walks with the sheep.









Some are having babies.  
(more to come on this!)










I had an opportunity to visit Whitby Abbey.











Whitby is a lovely little seaside town.










And I made some new friends.










Every time I explore a new footpath, village, or historic site I learn something new.  
I'm loving seeing our new home through my camera's lens. 


As the weather warms up 
(And I'm hoping for dries up too.)
 I'd like to also do some sketching and watercolor. 
 (Don't hold me to that watercolor part.)




Excited to see what spring has in store!



2 comments:

Ant said...

I love the first picture! And wow, that rooster sure looks fancy, doesn't he?

... can't wait to hear about the lambs :)

tammy said...

I'm so excited about lambs! I get to go to a farm for 'lambing' next weekend. We'll get to bottle feed two day old lambs. I can hardly wait. Hopefully some great pictures to come!