Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Random thoughts

I lay in bed at the end of the night and often create posts for this blog, but they never make it to the computer in the morning.  I mostly blame my computer.  It's dying a slow painful death and it's just not worth the battle to try to be creative on it.  But today I thought I'd post a few random thoughts.



I'm slowly working on updating my Trail Journal.  I've got one more post and I'll share the link.  I have had some great opportunities to get out and enjoy the amazing outdoors of Colorado.  I am longing one day to be able to go on a backpacking trip that isn't controlled by time constraints and others schedules.  To be able to hike at my own pace, stop and enjoy God's creation when I want to.  I might have to dig up enough courage to backpack alone to be able to find what I'm looking for.

I've been feeling a need for a cleanse.  The last couple of weeks I've fallen into a fog on several levels, but the worst is spiritually.  There's just a lot of muck in my life.  So this morning I read through Ephesians and am planning to start an in depth personal study.  Just the quick read through was very challenging, starting with I am a child of Light and I should be walking accordingly.  Not sure I've been doing that.

I've also been painting.  I have the deep desire to one day be able to call myself an Artist and feel completely confident in the statement.  It's been so long since I've really set aside time to develop my creative abilities.  But I wonder if I'm trying to force it.  Something I read this morning in Ephesians was about knowing His calling...  is Art His calling for me?  or is it just about me?  Still working this all through in my head.  Ultimately what I really want is to find where God wants me to be... and not waste time on a random rabbit trail of life.

As I said... just random thoughts.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Love the painting - nice movement simultaneously to the focal point and blasting away again.

Art...should you shouldn't you? ..bahhh, I say! Just make stuff and quit fretting. Like all artists, you are a born observer why not start by collecting things that catch your eye (clippings, photos, bits of rubbish, color combinations that draw you, etc) and see what inspiration rises from there. Take a few minutes here and there to assemble the bits or take all day....collect for a weekend or for a year...at least you can settle that creative energy long enough to clear the head. Creativity is shy, fretting scares it off.

Hugs,
Alison

Unknown said...

there's also the idea of doing something not for a purpose or product in and of itself but for what it does for our head and heart in relation to a world where the brush has been set down or never taken up.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.